View Poll Results: Would you like to see bases randomly open and close every few hours? details within.

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

39 49.37%
  • No.

40 50.63%
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Improving Basing

Quote Originally Posted by The Goofs View Post
    I say changing the healing process in the bases to be like neo zone. With med kits everywhere and food not being able to heal you seems a lot netter and maybe some bases be like neo's control point.. And maybe add a few more bases the whole north west side of north ridge has an opening maybe splitting guerre zone in half and adding one in cop land? Idk just giving my thoughts..
    I disagree. I don't like Neo's system. It makes food, heal staffs, and grenades all pointless. And keep in mind no one bases at neo...

I love how everyone from ifreeze jumps on here and posts one after the other trying to shoot down this idea. I'm willing to bet 20 of those 24 votes against this idea are people from gangs such as ifreeze, grim, ect. Against this idea simply because they won't be able to hog a single base for easy hours anymore. Let's be honest, this idea will make basing more interesting and should be implemented.
    Because I can.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TopDawg View Post
    I love how everyone from ifreeze jumps on here and posts one after the other trying to shoot down this idea. I'm willing to bet 20 of those 24 votes against this idea are people from gangs such as ifreeze, grim, ect. Against this idea simply because they won't be able to hog a single base for easy hours anymore. Let's be honest, this idea will make basing more interesting and should be implemented.
    Looks like we have a competitor.

Quote Originally Posted by TopDawg View Post
    so having a favorite base is hogging now

Player Relations Toshihiro Kijima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Goofs View Post
    I say changing the healing process in the bases to be like neo zone. With med kits everywhere and food not being able to heal you seems a lot netter and maybe some bases be like neo's control point.. And maybe add a few more bases the whole north west side of north ridge has an opening like box factory... I mean you don't even do anything in that building anyways.. And maybe splitting guerre zone in half and adding one in cop land? Idk just giving my thoughts..
    Just make the foods unable to hotkey.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Toshihiro Kijima View Post
    Just make the foods unable to hotkey.
    That's actually quite decent.
    Ever since healing was brought into the game with enabling it using Hotkeys has deprived the old Era gameplay where skill was actually a thing then.

Fixing bases would be nice, but noone is right. Try and release the stuff you promised. Especially more gang events.
    That's Unfortunate

Disabling foods to hotkeys? nice
    Healing staffs disabled to hotkeys
    (except: Legend of Era sword, Toothbrush, Vanilla/Chocolate ice cream. They all heal "Slow")
    Graal Playerworlds, Apocalypse Guns Artist
    Visit us! You can check out the server and/or leave feedback! "Dev Apocalypse"
    2015 Graal Era Gun Competition Winner

It certainly isnt true tha basing is free hours. Of course people like banshee who fail at basing dont even know how it works thats why they support the idea. With more players basing became packed. Take ol west as an example. I often see the same gangs tripling all the time. Why? Because the server has 200 online. If you want to bring back the old basing where gangs take bases with 3 members then you should have more bases, not less. If you do make only 5 open bases though, like it was said many times, all new gangs will get absolutely no chances. But in my opinion, we should not give any perks to new gangs. Its not the system, its the leader. There are quite a few smaller gangs that are getting close to 2k. Like I didnt see menace2society a few month ago and now people recognize bh as their home base. If you focus on your goal instead of excuses, new or old, your gang will rise.

Base layout must be changed. Gz is perfect, mafia, neo, and pz are good. Tachi and bh could be a little more bigger since the player count grew. Those 2 need something like gz with a big wide hall where you have enough space to dodge and the defenders have a bottom advantage. Guerre is bad. Its just gey like theres no hall which attackers would come from its like 4 paths leading to one giant spot of open space so basicslly you recruit 26 noobs and they run from 4 sides and rush flag wih melees. Bbz is horrible. It was way better 2 years ago, I dont understand why it was changed.
    Lethal is okay I guess. Its a pk base so people dont really expect to be getting hours from it.

Healing in bases should be removed. Bases should have heal boxes like neo. This would fix noob use and flag rushing. What people do these days is shoot and run the hell out of the base not to get killed; annoying as hell and must be fixed.

John's project with gang points and everything should be finished also. As far as I know, John wanted to have a kills/deaths counter for gangs that would make gangs earn points that would be spent on gang bodies, extra gang hats, additional members, and other gang stuff.

That's pretty much how you improve basing

Quote Originally Posted by PINEHONEY View Post
    If every base was designed so that anyone can just go up to a base and solo it, then... what is the point of having gangs?

I personally believe that an improvement for basing would be to change the layout of certain bases. I think most people would agree that the original layout for every single base was the best. Except (in my opinion) pz's and its single corridor entrance to the flag room.
    My point is, it is basically impossible to take the base and its just not fun
    Welcome to the forums!