This is quite interesting! For once I read something I can take as constructive criticism rather than "GAME IS TRASH IT WILL CLOSE" because let's admit it that it helps nobody.
I can't speak for myself (may not be the right working but my english sucks) because I try to get everyone in the picture, but I agree that there is an issue with the guides for newer players and that may be a reason why they eventually just leave. On the other hand though, most of iEra's activities are made within the player base (kind of like trading, and role playing). Although it would be nice to implement more of that into something more official (hence why when we make an item we think of trading value so we don't mess the system the players created).
In my personal point of view (and something I am open on working on, and I am sure others as well) is that some people may be tired of the same recycled events that we have every year. Even at some point I got tired as well before I became admin.
I just wanna say that I wish people understood that some problems are out of reach for us and others take time to fix, you know, you learn by making mistakes.
With this said though, your point makes sense and I appreciate the good criticism
