Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Weapon Nerfs and balance

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AceFighter View Post
    Maybe they should allow us to refund the guns that have been nerfed within a limited time only
    If you're the one who bought it and others followed, I don't see why a refund should be given to a gun that's strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Obey Optications View Post
    I hear wh64 was nerfed, one of the owners was ranting about it to me.
    There's a new gun called a reaper, and it annihilated my FOG in spar, had no chance.

It had 2 modes too, i'll try and find the owner and screenshot/video record him using it.
    Well it's funny because the fog has better stats than the ripper. Aside from the clip size. The ripper is one of the more underpowered auction guns but its still decent because of the spread

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PINEHONEY View Post
    To be honest, I personally find it a little annoying. We as players purchase the weapons for the stats it has at that moment of time. Having it nerfed annoys me at times because that means I have now purchased a gun which has different stats then what I originally paid for it to have. Sometimes it means that I now own a completely new weapon but with the same gfx and gani. I do agree that the stats should be thoroughly discussed and tested with before release. I am a player of many shooters, and so I find all this nerfing to be normal throughout all these games, but it bugs me personally.
    Stats are never changed to completely different stats. At most it could receive a 0.02 change.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mrpibbgraal View Post
    Apparantly admins can change guns stats but not price.
    Think.
    If we change the price then everyone who bought it for the more expensive price will want compensation which won't happen for reasons said 10000 times

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SashaGryg View Post
    i think that we pay graal real money and it scams us. admins should think more about weapons stats before it comes out and they SHOULD NOT change stats after it came out
    It's easy to say that but guns performance changes depending on how many people use it. For example, minigun with 5 damage is not op, when it becomes op is when you have 2-3 people, and especially in bases, then you cannot get past. Those nerfs are done so YOU the players can have more fun. You guys just see nerfs as making your gun worse but when it happens to most of the gun around the same price it nullifies the nerf. Most of the changes are done to stop issues we foresee could happen when enough people end up getting it.
    And this isn't just an issue with era, it happens in any shooters. Recently the game destiny just rolled out an update, rebalancing half the gun classes, changing the majority of guns in the game. And that wasn't even the first time it's happened. Guns in cod/battlefield are tweaked all the time
    I honestly didn't expect that so many people would just go out and buy packs to buy the gun, and so initially it is a little bit stronger than usual because we'd only expect a handful would buy it. And the 'I paid $80 for this gun argument doesn't really work, because you didn't pay $80 for the gun you paid $80 for gralats, and how you chose to spend them is on you. If you don't like guns being nerfed, next time a gun that seems strong comes out, don't buy it. If you really want it then go dig for it and then you don't have any risk of disappointment. I don't change stats as a money making tactic, as i've said I don't care about the games profits because we don't get paid, I don't care if everybody chooses not to buy the gun, in fact i'd be happy if that happened because then you wouldn't have 300-400 people using the last expensive gun that came out
    I'm all for gun refunds and limits on gun availability (stock system like on pc) but it's not my decision so the best I can do is fix the guns that are out of hand.

- - - Updated - - -

At the end of the day i'm not going to be able to please everyone, some people support the nerfs, others are against. When i'm not balancing op guns people complain this game is p2w, and then when I do to make the game fairer, people complain that they are being scammed.

Do you want a p2w game or do you want a game that actually requires some skill and can be enjoyed by newer players as well

Player Relations Toshihiro Kijima's Avatar
    Minigun is still OP at close combat lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol true, we payed money for Gralats not for a gun. Well said.

Banned
    I paid $1 for Era+, I believed I was scammed.

And indeed I was.

I'm not sure if anyone has brought this bit of information up, but every so often the PC client era does a rebalancing of all the guns and replace the players money when they either buff the weapon, making it worth more in the shops, or nerfing it, which changes the price in the shop as well. The current gun admin of PC era recently (well, more like 5 months ago almost I think) undid nerfs made by other staff members on certain guns not being able to be used in bases because they were to overpowered for raids.
    Ultimately that made basing a more violent experience and I feel its hardened me.

To put it short, the more overpowered things are, the more players are forced to adapt. But being as people only like to complain rather then overcome I don't think we will see any macho out of iera's gun admins.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxwashere View Post
    I would like to have mature discussion about weapon nerfs if that's possible. Alot of top tier weapons have been nerfed recently. I know this has been discussed plenty of times but it's getting to the point I feel "ripped off". A 200k gun cost $80 or an extreme amount of time digging. Or exceptional trading skills. I would say 90% of people with the weapons that have taken nerfs recently spent money. People spending money are the ones supporting era. Without paying customers it wouldn't exist. I feel little thought is given into this and certain admins don't fully comprehend balancing. Most mmos don't make changes this drastic. Just my opinion and hopefully some of the nerfed weapons can be fixed or some buff added. Support this thread if you agree.
    well i think soon i will spending my money on bar loh
    visit my profile on: http://www.era-go.com/forum/member.p...4-Graal1417154
    Name in Era: Flaze
    HAYABUSA
    inactive XD long time open once don't miss me
    Lol name: flazeping( if u play add me XD my ranked team all pro if u want play ranked inv them 80% will win)
    garena name :flaze.ping

I've dropped about 200.00 on the game over the past 3-4 years.. i did my part in supporting this game but after the past year of Nerfotopia and being accused of fraud that i have not spent a dime since then....(Yes, i got all my stuff back)

PS.... When i was persuing legal action against the owner of the game i learned a few things about the man who created the game, Besides "Graal" he has not created a sucessfull game since 1998..... and i'm not sure i'd call a playerbase of 3000 sucessful but we will go with that..... Lets see on average each of the 3000 players drop 10 bucks a month on this game thats 30,000 grand a month... and we all know people spend alot more then that but at 30k a month x 12 is 360k a year......

I ask the question why has the game not changed at all since it started in 1998... (Yes we have a few new buildings,guns,melees) but the gmap is still the same, the way the game is played is still the same, the lag is still unberrable at times like it was in PC era 2006ish) 360kx17 is 6,120,000 dollars of the same game....

This guy is either a genius or one hell of a con man

Join the Confederacy.... Feel free to contact me at [email protected]

Confederate States of Era!!

Quote Originally Posted by W R A T H View Post
    I've dropped about 200.00 on the game over the past 3-4 years.. i did my part in supporting this game but after the past year of Nerfotopia and being accused of fraud that i have not spent a dime since then....(Yes, i got all my stuff back)

PS.... When i was persuing legal action against the owner of the game i learned a few things about the man who created the game, Besides "Graal" he has not created a sucessfull game since 1998..... and i'm not sure i'd call a playerbase of 3000 sucessful but we will go with that..... Lets see on average each of the 3000 players drop 10 bucks a month on this game thats 30,000 grand a month... and we all know people spend alot more then that but at 30k a month x 12 is 360k a year......

I ask the question why has the game not changed at all since it started in 1998... (Yes we have a few new buildings,guns,melees) but the gmap is still the same, the way the game is played is still the same, the lag is still unberrable at times like it was in PC era 2006ish) 360kx17 is 6,120,000 dollars of the same game....

This guy is either a genius or one hell of a con man
    Uhh you where pursuing legal action? Legal action for what? The owner did nothing wrong, What did he personally steal your wallet and take out 200$ Did he force you to play this game? Sorry but I don't get your point here, Legal action for the nerfing of pixelated guns? For being accused of fraud? Now I'm no lawyer but I don't think you have a very good case here. this isn't a successful game? Lol its been around for 5 years about, and it has 50,000 players per month most likely more. This game is just hard to understand an hard to get addicted to until you play enough or if a friend shows you the light. There isn't any real advertisement for the game which is how most games get known. The Developer isn't too well known. For no Advertisement on this game, it is doing pretty well. Servers do need an update some day but lag Isn't just server. Has to do with wifi, an your RAM on your phone. I personally rarely lag and if I do lag its because of Internet, This guy is a genius, He made a game I have been playing for years. Remember all the ideas integrated in the game are barely if at all run by the owner of the game unixmad. The devs mostly control what happens to the updates.