Thread: New Sparring Training Idea

Lightbulb New Sparring Training Idea

Dear Era Community,

It was never a surprise to me that I was a terrible Sparrer and still am. I've always believed that getting a sparring partner would be best for me, but many wish for the complete opposite (and yes, the greatest Sparrers trained through going against others, but I barely learn while getting destroyed by experienced players, without any criticism on how to improve)! Plus, hardly anyone goes to the practice spar anymore. So, for those who have no friends (like me), I believe this is an interesting notion that could help me/those similar to me, become a better Sparrer.

I believe there should be a ring that shoots bullets directly towards us, giving us feedback on our movement, and how we could improve (like an AI). This way, you can practice your ability to dodge and shoot at the same time. You can also learn from your mistakes from receiving feedback from an AI (this may be complex to do. Instead it can go without a feedback AI. I like the notion of practicing your dodging ALONE, without the losses counting).

Now, the big controversial idea is that this is quite similar to just Sparring against others. However, I've struggled to learn when I face against extremely good Sparrers, especially when receiving no feedback (and because I'm lonely and have no friends). Also, this is just like the practice spar without the need of others, so it wouldn't hurt to add this feature, and is suitable for extra training!

You could even make this a purchasable item at the Spar Complex, where you can place it in your in-game house/Spar map gang house. This way, you can also practice privately (If you wish. This removes any complications of "others waiting to use this feature").

As I said before, this function doesn't do any harm and serves a similar purpose to the practice spar. I think it's a good idea as I'd rather not be destroyed by outstanding players and not learn anything (which is what happens to me usually - yes, I have a problem, hehe). I also like this idea because as I said before, no one ever uses the practice spar nowadays.

This idea is just a work-in-progress notion, and could use some other opinions on the matter!

I for one, don't mind this concept not becoming a reality, but if it were to be released, I'd sure use it majoritively of the time to practice!
    Last edited by TyG; 07-04-2017 at 05:46 AM.
    I guess I'm an Uchiha...

Just to clarify, I got my Rinnegan from Hagoromo's huge amount of chakra. My Sharingan is pure. Lol, I'm a weeb.

Not a bad idea, possibly you could face a 'Baddie'.
    I am very blunt on my posts, but very accurate. Don't take it personally.

Scripter, LAT, Graphics, Sounds and Tracks

Maybe to code where the bullets go would be more handy.

Coding is quite simple as well.

You want breakfast? You gotta catch it!

Dear MJ4 and Draxx,

Firstly, facing a baddie with different difficulties would be great!

Secondly, I couldn't agree more with the need for coding for this notion.
    I guess I'm an Uchiha...

Just to clarify, I got my Rinnegan from Hagoromo's huge amount of chakra. My Sharingan is pure. Lol, I'm a weeb.