Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Minigun Nerf

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    I think it's a good idea to have it slow the user down while they're firing; perhaps even stop them completely.
    But to have the slow effect continue 0.9 seconds after the last bullet has been fired sounds a bit absurd; and stunts those of us who tapfire the gun.

It's obvious that something needed to be nerfed to compensate for that high RoF.
    In the past(on PC Era), when we had a gun with a high RoF, we'd compensate that by adding a high freeze to it.
    So while the user could spam bullets, they'd be met with a freeze noticeably higher than guns that had average RoF's.

On iEra though, this has been impossible until now.
    Somewhere along the transfer from PC to the iOS server, the gun script was changed to where Freeze and Timeout(RoF) are conjoined.
    On iEra, Fire Rate(timeout) can never be lower than the Freeze.
    Even if we set a gun to have a freeze of 0.16 and a fire rate of 0.01, the fire rate will rest on the freeze, making it 0.16.

It's for this reason that Bitz/Rec had to sacrifice damage and reload speed on the minigun, because they couldn't sacrifice anything else.
    Evidently they've been reading the message boards, and perhaps have some personal insight that told them that it wasn't enough.
    They felt that the MiniGun was still too OP, and in seeking for a new remedy to nerf it, they've had Snk add a stat that slows the user down.

Notice, I said: "until now"
    Behind this "nerf" on the MiniGun is a fricken' awesome silver lining.

They've added a new stat to the gun, that modifies the player's walk speed after firing the weapon, for a designated amount of seconds.
    I've been playing with this stat for the past two hours now.
    While it may not have been their intention, it is once again possible to give guns a high RoF, and compensate it with freeze.

This is fricken' major, and I'm absolutely thrilled that this has finally happened.
    This will give us more flexibility with setting gun stats in the future.

Once I post this, I'm going to go throw down at the PK Arena for a couple hours and try out a new alternative nerf for the MiniGun.
    It'll be on my own personal test gun, so don't get excited-- it still has to go through the current GA's before it's set in stone.
    Yea I agree with this new effect but I only tap with it and burst fire which is impossible now, as I recommended in the other thread it should only effect it when holding down for 1-2+ Seconds

Hopefully this will he resolved soon
    Please message me here: http://www.era-go.com/forum/private.php?do=newpm&u=79 if you have any questions or concerns!

Welcome to Era-Go, a way to better interact with the Era community!

There went my week of last Christmas grinding to get this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ventus View Post
    Yea I agree with this new effect but I only tap with it and burst fire which is impossible now, as I recommended in the other thread it should only effect it when holding down for 1-2+ Seconds
    Yeah, like I said-- the new effect just needs to be tweaked.

The issue with the gun was that people were able to make walls of bullets, while their movement speed was hardly impeded.
    To address that, the idea was that they slow the user down while shooting the gun, which is great.
    But like I said, it was too excessive; and I really don't think the modification was properly tested.

The new stat is organized like this:
    0.3, 0.9.
    The first digit (0.3), is the walk speed that your player is set to while shooting.
    The second digit (0.9) is the duration(in seconds, I think) that your player has that walk speed after shooting.

I've added the new stat to my test gun, and I've been playing with it for the past couple hours.
    After doing PK Arena(until people stopped showing up), Gz Base, Tachi Base, Pz Base, and sparring with it, I've tweaked it to the following:
    0.05, 0.17
    While it slows me down more while firing(almost to a standstill), it doesn't have as much duration, so it acts as if it's giving me a freeze comparable to a MetalStorm.
    With this addition, I'd almost fair to say that it could use an increase in damage (+1).

I'm still playing with it, and I'm getting ready to take it to Gang Spar. Then I'll probably head back to PK Arena to tweak it to perfection.

I'd also venture off to say that the Spectre should have a similar accommodation.

The issue with the gun was that people were able to make walls of bullets, while their movement speed was hardly impeded.
    To address that, the idea was that they slow the user down while shooting the gun, which is great.
    But like I said, it was too excessive; and I really don't think the modification was properly tested.

0.3, 0.9.
    The first digit (0.3), is the walk speed that your player is set to while shooting.
    The second digit (0.9) is the duration(in seconds, I think) that your player has that walk speed after shooting.

I've added the new stat to my test gun, and I've been playing with it for the past couple hours.
    After doing PK Arena(until people stopped showing up), Gz Base, Tachi Base, Pz Base, and sparring with it, I've tweaked it to the following:
    0.05, 0.17
    While it slows me down more while firing(almost to a standstill), it doesn't have as much duration, so it acts as if it's giving me a freeze comparable to a MetalStorm.
    With this addition, I'd almost fair to say that it could use an increase in damage (+1).

I'm still playing with it, and I'm getting ready to take it to Gang Spar. Then I'll probably head back to PK Arena to tweak it to perfection.

I'd also venture off to say that the Spectre should have a similar accommodation.
    Agreed
    Please message me here: http://www.era-go.com/forum/private.php?do=newpm&u=79 if you have any questions or concerns!

Welcome to Era-Go, a way to better interact with the Era community!

idc is bar lost 5 clip but the minigun nerf is retarded make it almost impossible too streak now a week ago i get 600-700 streak and now i cant even get 50

- - - Updated - - -

if minigun had to be nerfed just lower the damage to like 4 at perfect the speed decrease is stupid
    all because noobs were crying because they cant beat minigun a gun that i spent $100 on like most people

Quote Originally Posted by HELLFIREgraal View Post
    idc is bar lost 5 clip but the minigun nerf is retarded make it almost impossible too streak now a week ago i get 600-700 streak and now i cant even get 50

- - - Updated - - -

if minigun had to be nerfed just lower the damage to like 4 at perfect the speed decrease is stupid
    all because noobs were crying because they cant beat minigun a gun that i spent $100 on like most people
    That says more about you than the gun.

should have lowered the damage then not the movement to almost a full second or slow a movement while shooting not after u shoot
    Quote Originally Posted by XSTARX View Post
    Since it was the HIGHEST ROF in game, there's a reason why it's nerfed on movement.
    It's already 5 damage and spread, no refunds will be given.

- - - Updated - - -

600-700 streak? In what amount of time? This nerf was needed. A gun with lasers, crazy sound effects, a backpack, 5 damage, 50 clip, insane fire rate vs just a simple 10 damage rifle with no special features? Plus the minigun has no hit timer, so you can just keep spamming someone without getting hit. People have gotten used to using the minigun (which took no skill to use before the nerf), and now since it has been properly balanced, people are not used to putting effort into getting PKs with the minigun like you have to do with other weapons.

0.3, 0.9.

0.05, 0.17

minigun doesn't need +1 damage please dont do such a foolish thing. and 5 clip is nothing, bar still can kill 4? people before having to reload

- - - Updated - - -

its your freedom spending your money on a gun, but that doesn't mean it should never get nerfed, if its overpowered it needs to be balanced, real money or not.. that's just a selfish thought. they didn't force you to pay, i bought my gun with pure digging for weeks.. besides you shouldn't even be getting 600-700 streak that easily, 50 is fair enough!

0.3, 0.9.

0.05, 0.17

I like the way that you're taking this and I'm pumped to see the new guns in the future that use this new stat, but you have to admit these changes are going to alter the playstyle of the minigun completely. Like turning it into a different gun after the 200k was paid. The minigun was the best gun for streaking with a quick escape but now the slow down is pretty ridiculous. It already had a really slow reload, doesn't work in events, or register kills in fort. Really not worth using the minigun at all for me after this change.

I know this has been said countless times on the forums but please pressure an admin into offering a refund, you have to agree it's not right.
    Last edited by Skreem; 09-11-2014 at 01:52 AM.