Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Operation: Single open/close ability

Quote Originally Posted by BboyEatsbacon View Post
    Ah. You're still the guns administrator, right? Would you like to see a saber throw be implemented into the dual-sided saber?
    It may require a bit of modification to the Melee class however I'm sure that a flag could be added to switch on/off a boomerang-type throw of the object. Obviously this would not be as simple in the backend however another class could even be made for a boomerang item. This class could then be joined to the Melee class and its effects could be turned on/off. A separate check could be implemented as well so that animations are required for the object being thrown, player throwing, etc or else the weapon still acts as if it is off.

This is probably something that should be discussed among developers on the server, but I'd like to get a little bit of your perspective as well.
    I don't really mind it, but going back awhile ago I tried to get a saber throw implemented myself using a similar system to the staff boomerang but instead of warping you it did damage. The reason why I stopped was because when I talked to Snk about it he said it was not possible as something about it caused too much lag, probably everybody's clients registering the throw and then having it track your character movement when it comes back to you.

I'm not a developer myself so I wouldn't be able to script something not currently in the game, and as I told these guys I didn't want to distract snk, who is busy working on countryside just to have him script an additional feature for an item that has been around for a year, JUST so these single saber users get their excuse to have an open/close ability on their saber.

Maybe before these sabers released, these features could have been cool, but right now I don't feel it is a priority to waste our scripters time working on a feature like this, when it will lose its novelty within a month. Especially as dual has been out for a year and single 2-3.

Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post
    I don't really mind it, but going back awhile ago I tried to get a saber throw implemented myself using a similar system to the staff boomerang but instead of warping you it did damage. The reason why I stopped was because when I talked to Snk about it he said it was not possible as something about it caused too much lag, probably everybody's clients registering the throw and then having it track your character movement when it comes back to you.

I'm not a developer myself so I wouldn't be able to script something not currently in the game, and as I told these guys I didn't want to distract snk, who is busy working on countryside just to have him script an additional feature for an item that has been around for a year, JUST so these single saber users get their excuse to have an open/close ability on their saber.

Maybe before these sabers released, these features could have been cool, but right now I don't feel it is a priority to waste our scripters time working on a feature like this, when it will lose its novelty within a month. Especially as dual has been out for a year and single 2-3.
    Just buff the stats of dual saber and everyone is happy yay
    Just being me.

Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post
    I talked to Snk about it he said it was not possible as something about it caused too much lag, probably everybody's clients registering the throw and then having it track your character movement when it comes back to you.
    I'm not sure if this helps or not, why not just lock the player in place when the throw is activated but speed ofthe rate at which the saber can be thrown would be pretty decent. I could imagine the tracking ability of the saber would cause lag and could easily be abused. Say that the saber returns to its user at the same speed a bullet travels in Era, the user could easily hop on a turkey or egg shot and ride around Era with a saber following them. In my opinion, I don't think the player should be able to move while the saber is in the throwing animation but I definently don't want it to be a huge disadvantage to the player. I'm not sure whether this is the exact cause of lag because I have little to no knowledge about this type of stuff but I hope this helps.
    Message me if you ever need advice, I'm not the wisest person on the planet but I'll do my best to help you out.

You can find me in-game under the name "Tim Z." or by searching up "Zephlyn" in the gangs section.

Could probably be done these days... however

I'd detect the other client on their client and send the server to the trigger. It wouldn't be really good though - we do this for the staff boomerang and half the time it doesn't work.... :[ sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Rodgers View Post
    I doubt the choke hold would be implemented but I'd love to see lightning or perhaps a force push. The Lightning could be a short range sort of "don't approach me" type of weapon and would electrify and deal small damage to users you touched the hitbox. A force push would allow the user to create a small invisible hitbox with a short range and while the user is in the animation of the force push, anyone who was hit would receive massive knock back with a loss of 5 health.

- - - Updated - - -

I like your suggestion.
    This is based off of Olives suggestion but if the saberrang isn't a possibility perhaps this could be? I understand that the staff are already working on one thing or another and that sabers aren't the biggest priority, but a lot of people would like a new feature added to the sabers whenever possible.
    Message me if you ever need advice, I'm not the wisest person on the planet but I'll do my best to help you out.

You can find me in-game under the name "Tim Z." or by searching up "Zephlyn" in the gangs section.

Quote Originally Posted by snk View Post
    Could probably be done these days... however

I'd detect the other client on their client and send the server to the trigger. It wouldn't be really good though - we do this for the staff boomerang and half the time it doesn't work.... :[ sorry
    Would findimg(<200) do the trick? But this is going to be laggy since you'll be switching the actual player's animation with the img object animation, so you have a point
    -Johnaudi

Could we Just get a open close ability for the single,
    And a stats wise buff for the dual saber
    Just being me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bram View Post
    Could we Just get a open close ability for the single,
    And a stats wise buff for the dual saber
    Sure a stats buff would be nice but you're the only one requesting it, the others would like some other unique feature that made the double saber standout.

Reading this, I have personally thought of how the script would work, which is possible - but it really isnt worth it, due to lag with the throw ability and then more enough with the single ability. the choke hold however, could be cool. You know how some guns when shot you get knocked back? What if that happened and the user was just frozen for a couple of seconds, losing damage one by one. That, would be sick and I would totally agree with having the single get the closing ability. As of now, I dont really like the single having an open ability. As long as both sabers get some new thing. I am all in and will help with anything if needed.
    Jahola is a retarded mexican who acts like he knows stuff even though he is a lame PR.

Mun is a complete loser and I never liked him because he acts so big and tough.

Quit.

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoFire View Post
    Reading this, I have personally thought of how the script would work, which is possible - but it really isnt worth it, due to lag with the throw ability and then more enough with the single ability. the choke hold however, could be cool. You know how some guns when shot you get knocked back? What if that happened and the user was just frozen for a couple of seconds, losing damage one by one. That, would be sick and I would totally agree with having the single get the closing ability. As of now, I dont really like the single having an open ability. As long as both sabers get some new thing. I am all in and will help with anything if needed.
    I hear you like scripting. ;D