Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk about era and where it's going.

I started playing graal cause its about gangsters and cops ans guns AND DROP! When staff removed drop the game became boring! Really boring! BORING BORING! Thats not cool anymore :/ And I agree in all what u said Ace
    ineffable.

Quote Originally Posted by mr lebjoe s View Post
    i started playing graal cause its about gangsters and cops ans guns and drop! When staff removed drop the game became boring! Really boring! Boring boring! Thats not cool anymore :/ and i agree in all what u said ace
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahaa

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vendhin View Post
    We can't.
    All of the active developers already work on other servers or they don't want to work on iera.
    There's a lack of staff in that area due to the horrible documentation for scripting and how the whole platform is pretty closed off.
    Basically, you have to work on or own a server to be able to learn development skills. It's not great
    I would apply for scripting because I kinda got the hang of gscript but I am not a god at it and I have become pretty efficient in leveling so I could do something but I doubt I would get hired ;/

- - - Updated - - -

But if you need more staffs like developers try to open up more spots for that and try to hire a little less prs because its getting a little ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by HowlGraal View Post
    Simmer down there tiger. For future reference, I started iClassic around the time it came out - moved to Era around late 2013. All I have to say is that you're being pretty immature and rude about things.
    *Lion
    Not tiger.

crd 2010-2015
    Also message me if you have any questions or concerns here.
    Or contact me by email at [email protected]
    Play Zone? Visit me over at their forums!
    Click a sitting Orc for my graphics thread

When its night for me,meaning morning in america,server reaches 3.5k players online

Quote Originally Posted by I MASTER View Post
    When its night for me,meaning morning in america,server reaches 3.5k players online
    Reaches 3.75k on weekends :0

Quote Originally Posted by HowlGraal View Post
    Reaches 3.75k on weekends :0
    Oh :0

- - - Updated - - -

Guys do anyone of you knows how much the grasl server can handle players?like 4k maybe?then it crashes xd

Quote Originally Posted by I MASTER View Post
    Oh :0

- - - Updated - - -

Guys do anyone of you knows how much the grasl server can handle players?like 4k maybe?then it crashes xd
    Mainly why you guys experience lag spikes of that sort,then reboots will occur.
    Just did a quick check on the activity of PRs,it seems that 3 days have been the average for inactivity as far as I know.
    Aren't PRs supposed to be active,and checking the myriads of reports that come into the system on a daily basis?
    You could say they're humans too,but come on,you're taking on a job here,at least be professional about it..
    Mainly on Era-Go,so if you're wanting to talk to me about a subject,shoot me a message or you could even private message me in-game!
    Always have a fun time,even when you're not!

This entire thread is Disgusting

Quote Originally Posted by Vacci View Post
    First and foremost, I joined iEra and stayed in the community because of its core gameplay mechanics. Back then I was into Touhou Project, a bullet hell game where you dodge a lot of bullets and attack back. In here it's kinda the same way. You balance your gun offense with your dodging defense to create opportunities for yourself to deal damage and mitigate damage taken.

Back when I joined around summer 2012, guns were more or less balanced. The most popular back then was still the M4 and the BAR was the only real problem to worry about. Fast-forward to the present day, you have auction, event, arcade, and just plain high-tier guns running the show. Almost everyone I know has some sort of high tier weapon, including myself recently with the HK416. I loved playing with the neo rifle before but nowadays it's almost nonviable as low freeze high RoF guns dominate the scene. Nerfs have been made in the most extreme cases such as BAR, P2k's, and the Minigun but that only makes a dent in the metagame created with said gun releases. We can't even turn back to fix this because we have no refund policy meaning if major nerfs are made across the board, the server will be in another uproar. More precisely, an uproar will be made for every gun individually even though in the back of their minds, they knew they had an OP gun and they just liked it that way. If this keeps up, the original concept of dodging and shooting will be thrown out the window and replaced with one of trapping your opponent before you get trapped. As if it isn't like that already. The latter concept of spamming is already encouraged with server lag making it difficult to place shots correctly.

Speaking of the server, I really wish we had an upgrade or a server split somehow. The lag is starting to impact gameplay so much that I refuse to be online during peak hours when there are 3k+ concurrent players. In the spar community there's been so many more complaints about "eating" in recent months due to server lag. I once based with Grim in Tachi and flag healing/damaging wasn't smooth due to how laggy the server was being. I know no one in Era-Go has the power to change this, but at least staff like snk could perhaps put in a word to Eurocenter for said upgrades. I wish we at least received official word on why Unixmad doesn't want to do so. Server growth won't be coming to a halt any time soon and our community is going to continue expanding past the 4k concurrent mark or perhaps even the 5k mark and gameplay will suffer because of it because of our sub-par server.

The community of the game has really been becoming more toxic, too. I'm starting to see a clear cut line between "sparrers" and "PK'ers" (including basers). In recent weeks, I've been told on more than one occasion to "go back to the spar house". Once while fighting a streaker and another while in a base. I don't think I even did anything wrong. I just challenged them a bit.

Then you see people go for goals like basing hours, kills, and spar wins. People begin to chase these tedious goals like no tomorrow. For what? A hat to flaunt your status as a person who got x amount of wins or kills? or perhaps a gun like P2k's and Vector to enter an even higher tier in the current gun balance schema. Then, they start using it to compare themselves to others with statements like, "I have so much more kills than you, noob" or "You have that many kills? You have no life." The numbers create a hierarchy among the players and in a way players are encouraged by the game through rewards. I know it's something not easily controlled by staff but it's the direction we're heading towards.

I can't really say too much about staff because I don't really interact with them.

Overall I think that iEra was a pretty good game until its gun balance issues became out of hand and server lag started to impact gameplay. Our community has generally been pretty okay but has been declining and becoming more hostile towards each other over the years. Yet, I still find myself sticking around with you guys because there are still good people throughout the server when you get to know them. It's a little interesting knowing that we're all kinda growing old together, seeing players come and go as they graduate high school, go to college, etc. It's surprisingly tight knit at its core of veteran players and I hope that part doesn't change.
    Yes ^ ily

Quote Originally Posted by AceLion View Post
    This game keeps going down and down, soon to be canceled.
    Let's talk about the gameplay. Unixmad doesn't invest in better servers, meaning the gameplay sucks, it's terrible. Why play graal when you could go play the legend of zelda? This is a knockoff anyways.
    It's on the verge on getting sued with all these badass rule breaking PRS thinking they could upload anything they want. I remember asking a PR on why he had a head with a hat and we couldn't, he replied saying "PRS don't have to follow the upload rules"
    Secondly, the unfairness. Dboy was caught cussing out a player by Bram, but he's still a PR. wtf?
    Robg still has his head even though 2 PRS saw my thread #Favoritism.
    Attachment 21024 thirdly, we play to achieve nothing, once you start the game, you're basically done, there's no need to do anything, PK and Spar isn't nessesary, just for fun. The content lacks.
    you can hate me for saying this, but i'm just saying this so any SRA OR PRA can see this and consider talking to their team. Fire dboy, refund robgs head, stop being so corrupt.
    Yep, I agree.

Click here for my Levels Thread

Join the fun on Era-go.com today

Big Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by XSTARX View Post
    Graal was named GraalOnline Zelda.

So I don't see the point on such comparison between how the 2 themes.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    Mainly why you guys experience lag spikes of that sort,then reboots will occur.
    Just did a quick check on the activity of PRs,it seems that 3 days have been the average for inactivity as far as I know.
    Aren't PRs supposed to be active,and checking the myriads of reports that come into the system on a daily basis?
    You could say they're humans too,but come on,you're taking on a job here,at least be professional about it..
    Yep ,we used to have at LEAST 2 hosters a day /now we got like 1hoster every 2-3days and it might not be the good time in your timezone