Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Public Player Inventories

Quote Originally Posted by mrgadosh View Post
    They would call u a "no lifer" if they found good items lol
    Exactly. XD

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedragon123 View Post
    And would make the game probably lag
    Actually lag is mostly caused by connection errors and an excessive large amount of packets entering somewhere in a specific amount of time. A simple example would be the Friends List; you can have endless amounts of people as your friend yet no lag is enduced to the server.

And as far as the Toggling goes for it. I thought it would be obvious enough that in the top thread I stated an 'option' meaning you could easily turn off the option.

And 'noobs' are already begging for items you have in your hand; this wouldn't make it any different as there will always be begging.

To show their items? Well if it's only for the trade tables, then I guess it's a good idea, but if it's in public, I would say no.
    Computer Science major? I don't know. What's GS2?
    日本語が少し出来ます。でも、「Weeb? ??じゃないですよ!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kendrick View Post
    To show their items? Well if it's only for the trade tables, then I guess it's a good idea, but if it's in public, I would say no.
    Why do you suggest it not being a thing out of the trade tables?

Quote Originally Posted by AsiraderGraal View Post
    Why do you suggest it not being a thing out of the trade tables?
    I don't think anyone is interested what you have outside in public, unless if you were in the trading tables.
    Computer Science major? I don't know. What's GS2?
    日本語が少し出来ます。でも、「Weeb? ??じゃないですよ!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kendrick View Post
    I don't think anyone is interested what you have outside in public, unless if you were in the trading tables.
    Well if that's the case couldn't we say the same thing about Achivements? I kind of find seeing the items people have interesting, atleast a lot more than seeing peoples achievments, along with MPX and spar statistics if going into detail.

Not everyone wants to have their inventories known, you can say to add an option to hide it but it then defeats the purpose you suggested it be used for, as everyone at trade tables would probably hide it anyway so that you can't demand a certain price.

From a sellers perspective they would demand you offered all you had which could be more than the item you want is worth, and from a buyers perspective you may be trying to barter with the seller to get a better deal which wouldn't be possible if they could look at what you have.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post
    Not everyone wants to have their inventories known, you can say to add an option to hide it but it then defeats the purpose you suggested it be used for, as everyone at trade tables would probably hide it anyway so that you can't demand a certain price.

From a sellers perspective they would demand you offered all you had which could be more than the item you want is worth, and from a buyers perspective you may be trying to barter with the seller to get a better deal which wouldn't be possible if they could look at what you have.
    That's true, however it isn't particularly a main purpose of it. As for example I could click someones inventory and pick out a deal for one of my items. It would be an easier way to sell an item you wanted by choosing what you wanted.

This is not supposed to be soley made around bartering for an item - it is more as a way to pick a deal to sell one of your items; as it is easier than afking waiting for someone to offer on your item.

I don't want people know my inventory

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TDF View Post
    I don't want people know my inventory
    That's why there would be a toggle option, please read the full post(s) as I already stated there would be one mulitple times.