Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Paid for pks

Paid for pks

Graal is a game focused on pks/guns/basing so I think it would be very justifiable to make pking a viable source of income. Nothing crazy, maybe just a gralat a kill, at least enough to earn vip every month. I think this would make a lot of sense. Prove me otherwise.

winning 1 for death will be a good idea

don't you get body parts from killing people?

noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Like 1 in 5 lol it should at least be increased in bases

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Newb is right. There is only a chance for that to happen and even then, it's not enough to pay for the child support.
    It'd be logical to acquire some Gralats from person because it's a... Gangster v. Cop game.

Well, how about this:
    Cops are unable to take money away from other players with the same rank as themselves or under their ally gangs, but if it was a Gangster they killed, then taking money away is muy bien.
    Gangsters are able to take money away from anyone, even if they're listed under Gang allies.

If able to take money:
    Victim has to be over 25 hours.
    Victim has to have over 500 Gs.

The amount being taken is considered by the odds but will always be guaranteed. The more money you have, the more money you'll be taken away. This is where Era Bank can come into play if implemented...
    Computer Science major? I don't know. What's GS2?
    日本語が少し出来ます。でも、「Weeb? ??じゃないですよ!

Quote Originally Posted by Kendrick View Post
    Newb is right. There is only a chance for that to happen and even then, it's not enough to pay for the child support.
    It'd be logical to acquire some Gralats from person because it's a... Gangster v. Cop game.

Well, how about this:
    Cops are unable to take money away from other players with the same rank as themselves or under their ally gangs, but if it was a Gangster they killed, then taking money away is muy bien.
    Gangsters are able to take money away from anyone, even if they're listed under Gang allies.

If able to take money:
    Victim has to be over 25 hours.
    Victim has to have over 500 Gs.

The amount being taken is considered by the odds but will always be guaranteed. The more money you have, the more money you'll be taken away. This is where Era Bank can come into play if implemented...
    I like the Cop vs Gangster aspect you bring up! However, I don't think taking money from other players would work, because people would abuse that system. I was suggesting the game pays for each kill.

Quote Originally Posted by SpazzSLudio View Post
    I like the Cop vs Gangster aspect you bring up! However, I don't think taking money from other players would work, because people would abuse that system. I was suggesting the game pays for each kill.
    You do have a point there, S.L. People love abusing the system but with these flaws, we have to think how to fix that and make it flawless. For example, your idea has its flaws, too, as people can easily abuse it.
    So, let's get down into specifics to make it easier for the devs to implement it. (Like if, but growing an idea sounds fun)

Let's elaborate in your idea though, S.L.

You said a 1G a kill, correct?
    Alright, let's keep it to that.

Now, I can sense a lot of players coming to riot against the low wage, so what do we do?
    Well, I have a few ideas to fix this issue.

Ideas:
    • Every player who gets a (50 * n) [ n > 0 ] kill streak gets a reward. Let's settle with G(n) = (350 * n) : where n stands for number of streaks [in multiples of 50].
    • A weekly / monthly event where there are ranks and the top three get a prize. This is a tricky one to implement but it can be a rank of 100. To have a fair bracket then it will all vary based on kills. (WIP)
    • Everyday there is a goal (or goals?) and that is to kill someone from your opposite align tag (The more the merrier? 1 = 10G, 50 = 250G, etc.). That doesn't mean killing 49 of the opposite = 49G.
    • The drop of body parts will vary based on the weapons used to kill. If killed by gun, then it's a normal probability, but using a knife, much higher.

How about the problems?

Well, to prevent abuse of this system, then you cannot kill the same person twice. Won't count. Also, same IP kill will not be rewarded. It's not much, but it's something.

Elaborate if you'd like.

Paid for pks

Besides the body parts, you get money from basing which you can make the argument that is not directly from killing players, but basing does involve killing so i will include it. On top of that you also get money from forting and a very substancial amount from pk arenas (im talking $3,500 for the first place). You can also include bot events such as free-for-all and crab wrestle where you can get up to $1000 for winning those events. If you indulge in all the aspects of PKing i will debate with you that you’re getting overpaid.
    Every Pro Was Once A Noob.
    Every Expert Was Once An Amateur...
    Growing Bigger Is Just A Matter Of Time
    ATT-

Quote Originally Posted by Kendrick View Post
    You do have a point there, S.L. People love abusing the system but with these flaws, we have to think how to fix that and make it flawless. For example, your idea has its flaws, too, as people can easily abuse it.
    So, let's get down into specifics to make it easier for the devs to implement it. (Like if, but growing an idea sounds fun)

Let's elaborate in your idea though, S.L.

You said a 1G a kill, correct?
    Alright, let's keep it to that.

Now, I can sense a lot of players coming to riot against the low wage, so what do we do?
    Well, I have a few ideas to fix this issue.

Ideas:
    • Every player who gets a (50 * n) [ n > 0 ] kill streak gets a reward. Let's settle with G(n) = (350 * n) : where n stands for number of streaks [in multiples of 50].
    • A weekly / monthly event where there are ranks and the top three get a prize. This is a tricky one to implement but it can be a rank of 100. To have a fair bracket then it will all vary based on kills. (WIP)
    • Everyday there is a goal (or goals?) and that is to kill someone from your opposite align tag (The more the merrier? 1 = 10G, 50 = 250G, etc.). That doesn't mean killing 49 of the opposite = 49G.
    • The drop of body parts will vary based on the weapons used to kill. If killed by gun, then it's a normal probability, but using a knife, much higher.

How about the problems?

Well, to prevent abuse of this system, then you cannot kill the same person twice. Won't count. Also, same IP kill will not be rewarded. It's not much, but it's something.

Elaborate if you'd like.
    Really like the systems that your are bringing up, however, I know anything extra that takes staff longer than like 5 mins to incorporate they probably won't look twice at. And with a system there is so many factors to consider to really see if it is totally "fair." I think 1G a kill is a really simple, easy, and fair way. Of course someone can create a 2nd account and spam kill themselves and make like 3 gralats a minute, which is a waste of time compared to other jobs, or pking masses. If staff think that players would abuse it too much, they could add the similar code that now prevents kills from counting after killing the same person multiple times.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iMagicBae View Post
    Besides the body parts, you get money from basing which you can make the argument that is not directly from killing players, but basing does involve killing so i will include it. On top of that you also get money from forting and a very substancial amount from pk arenas (im talking $3,500 for the first place). You can also include bot events such as free-for-all and crab wrestle where you can get up to $1000 for winning those events. If you indulge in all the aspects of PKing i will debate with you that you’re getting overpaid.
    Good points, but again 1G a kill really isn't that much. Just enough to purchase vip every month. Pk arena and forting do earn money, but I would still like to see a basic incorporation that rewards people for general kills. Right now there aren't a lot of people pking anymore, because it is boring and there is no motivation. Basing isn't much better.

Quote Originally Posted by iMagicBae View Post
    I'll have to disagree with PKing being overpaid. Basing only includes being paid if your gang is controlling the base. So, that doesn't really mean it's PK in general, right? It only directs towards certain gangs.
    Bot events occur every 30 minutes if my boomer brain recalls correctly. Then again, it's not going to be hosted every 30 minutes, but there's a chance. Also, only one wins. So once again, doesn't generalize the community who PK. Just lucky or skilled event masters.
    PK Arenas only work when hosted by Admins, correct? I can't say too much about it because I haven't done that.

So sure if one person is in a good gang that bases non-stop, has amazing weapons, and is good in events, then yes, PK is overpaid.
    Otherwise, it's not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SpazzSLudio View Post
    Good points, but again 1G a kill really isn't that much. Just enough to purchase vip every month. Pk arena and forting do earn money, but I would still like to see a basic incorporation that rewards people for general kills. Right now there aren't a lot of people pking anymore, because it is boring and there is no motivation. Basing isn't much better.
    If iMagic thinks doing so will be too much, then there can be limitations added (which won't be fair, but I'll spit):
    • You cannot be rewarded this PK feature if your gang controls a base.
    • Will not be rewarded when participating in events of any kind