Quote Originally Posted by LYK08 View Post
I don't recall having had any interaction with you over here or having done what you've alleged. And that's out of topic, moreover. PM me if there's any dispute about anything you are unhappy with.

If you are going to start a thread inviting responses that you are going to dismiss using ad hominem and "poisoning the well" logical fallacy, this forum has no place for you. I will say this seriously and I hope my language is not too difficult for you to comprehend.

You are trying to drive at a point in which it is morally worthy to support, but you have disregarded its impracticality and failed to conceive of its feasibility given its current administration. Your suggestion on this is ambitious, with little regard for its feasibility. Many schools are trying to curb this issue and if they can't I don't see why a game can. You do not consider the current administration in implementing your ideas, making this thread derived from pure narrow-mindedness, foolishness and impulsiveness.

Since you have refused to take some of ur responses pertaining to your topic seriously, I see no point in trying to argue with you. What I've pointed out are based on research and are based logically - you can believe it or not, its up to you. I find it absolutely disgusting of a user like you to start a thread only to treat your respondents in such a manner, its an utter disregard for their opinions (which you invited in the first place).

Many of your respondents are providing personal and insightful views on the matter raised and I definitely appreciate their discipline in doing so without any logical fallacy, unlike what you've taken in response to my reply. We are dealing with something serious that concerns the wellbeing of the Era Community and false allegations and logically-flaws arguments will only serve to derail the thread and render ineffective its ability in influencing the ways things are done. I sincerely hope you can take it with the same gravity about it as I do, if you are to continue posting in future.

You only choose to take on ad hominem arguments in dismissing opinions, well if that's the way, then I shall comment no further on this thread.
I don?t appreciate you suggesting I?m treating respondents that way. In every single response I?ve written, including to yours, and not sarcastically, I?ve said thank you in some shape or form. I?m allowed to disagree with some responses but I?m accepting them nonetheless.

What I said in response to your post wasn?t bashing what you said, or disregarding it. I simply disagreed with some things, and agreed with others. I?m sorry you feel I?m inferior and disgusting to you, in no way did I mean to be such.

And I?m not trying to solve world peace. All I want is some garnered ideas on finding ways to encourage better behavior. I said ?I appreciate all responses nonetheless? in most recent post. I don?t disregard anything, and that assumption is insulting.

But you?re steering this off topic. If you want to argue over a respectful response, although you seem to think I?m being malicious, please privately contact me, and tell me what I said that you found as insulting as you did. Otherwise, I?m allowed to not agree but I always appreciate and think about the responses I get.

Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gabipants View Post
An MMO of Era's scale (4000+ active players) is bound to be toxic, and trying to filter out ideas isn't going to change anything. Blocking players is made extremely easy in Graal, so if someone says something you don't like, Block them and carry on. Nobody is going to stop and treat these reports of bad behavior on a case by case basis if there's more pressing reports to be had. You've signed up for the MMO experience with Era, and annoying rude people are unfortunately part of the package, Deal with it.

Amen

Making Era the most politically correct MMO where nobody can say anything bad about themselves is inherently limiting free speech. Take a look at Era PC back in the day, there was a lot of toxic behavior and rivalries in the small community, even death threats weren't uncommon, but because that community is mostly comprised of people in their 20s-30s who have been on the internet for a while, it doesn't bother them because they know they're baseless insults/threats.

TLR Grow some thick skin already, nobody wants to limit their free speech because a couple of sensitive people want to be in a safespace bubble. If you can't handle the fact that some people are bound to be annoying or rude, the Internet is not the place for you, and you'd be much better suited for a safe space tumblr blog.
Thanks for the response and I understand what you?re saying. But in no shape or form is sending death threats, and being racist something that should be allowed and accepted as ?okay?. It?s not about growing thick skin because you have to realize every single person has different history and culture and handles things differently. A block may stop it but it can still bother someone. Someone is rude or annoying? Fine. But when someone is threatening, racist, and extremely over the top, they will be punished, and their freedom of speech will be limited as a result. It?s just how it is.

I was talking to someone about my disabled brother who is currently sick in the hospital with a friend, and someone decided to curse out me and my brother, saying he deserved to die. That?s a sensitive thing for me, like you?d never know, and I?m supposed to walk away like nothing happened? Maybe you can, I can't though. Even though I could?ve said it privately, that?s MY freedom of speech and that puts that persons horrendous actions on me.

Nonetheless, I do agree we shouldn?t limit all speech or something like that. I?m talking about extremes. Not curse words without direction and annoyances. The game is more diverse now, and with that needs change; if someone says things like that it can?t be accepted, hollow or not. I do see what you are saying though.

We have to keep in mind that even though ?words have as much power as you give them?, you have to be soulless to have absolutely nothing that is said to you affecting you.

- - - Updated - - -

Please keep this thread on topic, I don’t want it being closed. Thanks